Satisfying Subject Specialization

To qualify for a Temporary Certificate, you must meet subject area specialization in at least one subject for which you apply. These are the options available by which you must meet specialization for a Florida Temporary Certificate.

  • Hold a valid certificate in the subject area applied for issued by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (See Chart) or the American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence