Technical Assistance Publications and Resources
Charter school staff members are available to provide technical assistance via e-mail at email@example.com, or by calling the Office of Independent Education and Parental Choice at (850) 245-0502.
- Technical Assistance Contacts (PDF) - this document includes an alphabetical listing of Department of Education program areas along with the contact person and their phone number.
- Professional Development Weblinks (PDF, 34KB) - this document includes a collection of links for Charter School faculty interested in increasing their content or pedagogical knowledge.
- FAQ (PDF, 84KB)
- Charter School Accountability: Changes for the 2012-13 School Year (PPT, 583KB)
- 2011 Legislative Summary (PDF, 81KB)
Technical Assistance Papers & Guidance
The Department has published Technical Assistance Papers or distributed guidance on the following topics:
Charter School Program Grant
- Financial Condition Rule Training - Webex (PDF, 146KB)
- Guidance for Developing & Monitoring Financial Practices (PDF, 79KB)
- Charter School Financial Recovery Plan Guidelines (PDF, 25KB)
- Uses of Capital Outlay Funds for Charter Schools (PDF , 45KB)
- Auditor Selection Process (PDF, 44KB)
- Auditor General Memo: Separate Audit Reports for each Charter (PDF, 29KB)
State and Federal Requirements
- Homeless Student Transportation (PDF, 30KB)
- Title 1 Handbook (PDF, 24KB)
- Asbestos Regulations & Charter Schools (PDF)
- DOE Staff Information Data Base Reporting Requirements 2006-07 (PDF)
Response to Intervention (RtI)
- Florida Response to Intervention Homepage Includes links to Florida's RtI Implementation Plan and Introductory Online Training Course.
- Problem Solving and Response to Intervention Project
- Florida's Positive Behavior Support Project
National Association of Charter School Authorizers (NACSA)
- Florida Charter Support Unit
- School Grades
- Just Read, Florida!
- Facilities—Capital Outlay
- Educator Certification
- Sunshine Connections
- Financial and Program Cost Accounting and Reporting for Florida Schools (Redbook)
- Charter School Revenue Estimate Worksheet and Instructions
- Ethics in Education Act