Family & Community Outreach
Families have unique needs for their children in the education arena. The Department has compiled information from various areas to assist you in learning more about our services. Areas such as safety, school choice, testing are just a few of the many things available to you.
The Florida Department of Education recognizes the vital roles that schools and families play throughout a child's educational career.
To help parents and families stay involved in education, we want to share with you a few simple ways to stay engaged.
- Establish a daily family routine.
- Monitor out-of-school activities.
- Model the value of learning, self-discipline, and hard work.
- Express high but realistic expectations for achievement.
- Encourage children's development/ progress in school.
- Encourage reading, writing, and discussions among family members.