Postsecondary Credit for Military Courses & Occupations
The 2020 Florida Legislature amended Section 1004.096, Florida Statutes (F.S.), to require the Board of Governors and the State Board of Education, in consultation with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, to create a process for the uniform award of postsecondary credit or career education clock hours to certain servicemembers and veterans of the United States Armed Forces. See Chapter Law 2020-80, Postsecondary Education for Certain Military Personnel, for more information.
In addition, the amendment established a 13-member work group tasked with this effort, comprised of representatives from the Articulation Coordinating Committee (1), the Board of Governors (4), the Florida College System (4), Career Centers (2), and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (2).
Work Group Membership
Articulation Coordinating Committee:
- William E. Hudson, Jr., Ph.D., Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
- Diane Culpepper, Ph.D., Lake Technical College
- Ann Leonard, Haney Technical Center
Florida Board of Governors:
- Debra Szabo, Florida Atlantic University
- William (Billy) Francis, Florida State University
- Lt. Colonel (Ret.) Larry Braue, Ed.D., University of South Florida
- Jody Herzog, Ph.D., University of West Florida
Florida College System:
- Diego Tibaquira, Ph.D., Miami Dade College
- John Jewett, Florida Gateway College
- Allison Shenofsky, St. Petersburg College
- Julie Stein, Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Joe Marino, Veterans Florida
- Ron Burton, Tallahassee Community College
August 12, 2020
9:00 a.m. webinar - Please register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3634084250474696464. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- Agenda (PDF)
Past Meetings and Materials
July 14, 2020
July 27, 2020
- Agenda (PDF)
The Office of Articulation provides staffing for this work group, as a sub-group of the Articulation Coordinating Committee (ACC), established in s. 1007.01, F.S. The ACC is primarily tasked with making recommendations related to statewide articulation policies and issues regarding access, quality, and data reporting. The mission of the Office of Articulation is to facilitate the effective and efficient progression and transfer of students through Florida’s K-20 education system.
For more information on the Postsecondary Credit for Military Courses and Occupations, please contact:
Office of Articulation
325 West Gaines Street, Room 1401
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400