School District Financial Audit Submissions
The Office of Funding and Financial Reporting is responsible for reviewing reports on audits of the school districts and following up on certain findings to determine what action has been taken or is planned. For audits performed by the Auditor General, the department receives a copy of the audited financial statements from the Auditor General's office upon issuance of the report. If the Auditor General is not performing the audit, the school district is responsible for providing the department a copy of the financial audit. Upon issuance of the district's audited financial statements performed by an independent certified public accountant and not the Auditor General, school districts should submit a copy of the financial audit report in PDF that includes all of the following items:
- Management's discussion and analysis (MD&A)
- Basic1 financial statements that include:
- Government-wide financial statements
- Fund financial statements
- Notes to the financial statements
- Required supplementary information other than MD&A
- Single-audit section
- Management letter with audit findings and other matters
- Management's response to audit findings and other matters
Upon completion of the district school board's audit, submit the financial audit report to: .
References: sections 11.45, 218.39 and 1010.30, Florida Statutes
1If the district prepares a comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR), the district should submit the CAFR in place of the basic financial statements.