ESE Parent Survey
Each year, the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) conducts a survey designed to assess how well Florida’s schools are partnering with parents and promoting parent involvement in their child's education. For more information on the survey, please visit the ESE Parent Survey page. The ESE Parent Survey 2015-16 is open from February 1, 2016 to May 31, 2016 to all parents of students who have a disability and attend public schools. To access the survey please click here.
Disability History and Awareness
The first two weeks of October are Disability History and Awareness Weeks! For more information, please visit the Disability History and Awareness page.
Special Ed Connection Resource for Parents
The Florida Department of Education is proud to provide access to Special Ed Connection at no cost to families of individuals with disabilities who are enrolled in Special Education programs. To request access to this valuable resource, please contact your district representative via the Special Ed Connection Contacts (Word).
Publications & TAPs
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (PDF)
- Florida Statutes and State Board of Education Rules: Excerpts Related to Exceptional Student Education (PDF)
- Section 1002.23, Florida Statutes – Student and Parental Rights and Educational Choices
- A Parent's Introduction to Exceptional Student Education in Florida (PDF)
- What is Exceptional Student Education for Children with Disabilities? – 2011 - (PDF)
Use of Seclusion and Restraint on Students with Disabilities, Information for Parents Brochure (PDF)
- Use of Seclusion and Restraint on Students with Disabilities, Information for Parents Brochure (RTF)
- Documentación, Divulgación y Observación del Uso del Aislamiento y Restricción de los Estudiantes con Discapacidades, Información para los padres (Spanish) (RTF)
- Kijan yo Dokimante, Papòte ak Swiv Izolman ak Metrize Elèv Andikape yo, Enfòmasyon Pou Paran yo (Haitian Creole) (RTF)
- A Blueprint for Tier 3 Implementation: A Results-Driven System for Supporting Students with Serious Problem Behaviors (PDF)
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- School Choice: Office of Independent Education and Parental Choice
- Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources Center Parent Services
- Family Network on Disabilities
- Parent to Parent of Miami
- Family Café
- Florida Department of Education Bureau of Family and Community Outreach