The Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (SCATE) was signed into law on July 31, 2018. The Act amends the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education (Perkins IV) Act of 2006 and reauthorizes Perkins for six years. The law took effect July 1, 2019.
Perkins serves as the primary federal investment in Career and Technical Education.
- Perkins V Text
- Perkins V Redline (Advance CTE) (PDF)
- Summary and Analysis of Perkins V (Advance CTE) (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Perkins V Frequently Asked Questions (Updated: 3/25/2020) (PDF)
- Advance CTE Perkins Resources Page
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) Perkins V Webinar
- Association for Career & Technical Education (ACTE) Perkins V Resources Page