Planning & Implementation Grant
2018-20 Charter Schools Program Grant for Implementation only. (Supplemental RFP)
This is a CSP grant competition for applicants that meet the following criteria:
- Opened a charter school in the 2016-17 school year and has not previously received a CSP implementation project award;
- Opened a charter school in the 2017-18 school year and has not previously received a CSP implementation project award;
- Will be opening a charter school in the 2018-19 school year and has not previously received a CSP implementation award;
- Is opening a charter school in the 2019-20 school year and has not previously received a CSP Implementation project award.
Charter schools that meet the above criteria but received a grade of F in the 2017-18 school year are ineligible.
Prospective charter schools that plan to submit an application to their sponsor in February 2019 should not apply to this competition. They may be eligible in a future competition.
2019-22 Charter School Program Grant (CSP) Planning, Program Design and Implementation.
This is a CSP grant competition that meets the following criteria:
- Submitted a charter school application to a local school district using the Department’s model charter school application (Form
IEPC-M1, effective February 2016) as adopted in State Board of Education Rule 6A-6.0786; and
- Charter application has been approved by the district;
- Charter application is pending; or
- Charter application is denied and pending an appeal.
- Charter school will open during the 2018-19 or 2019-20 school years
Each year, the Florida Department of Education administers the Charter Schools Program (CSP) Planning and Implementation grant through a request for proposals (RFP) process. The purpose of this grant is to provide financial assistance for the planning, program design, and initial implementation of high quality charter schools and expand the number of high quality charter schools in Florida.