The Health Science Career Cluster is divided into five pathways:
- Therapeutic Services
- Diagnostic Services
- Health Informatics
- Support Services and
- Biotechnology Research & Development
Hundreds of Health Science educational opportunities in a variety of professions are offered throughout the state in school districts, including high schools and technical centers as well as state and community colleges.
Career and Technical Student Organizations
Professional Educator Associations
- National Consortium on Health Science Education (NCHSE)
- Association of Practical Nurse Educators of Florida (APNEF)
- Health Occupation Educators Association of Florida (HOEAF) - Contact the Health Science supervisor for more membership information.
- Program Descriptions and State Regulating Bodies (PDF)
- ANY HEALTH OCC G Teacher Certification Guide (PDF)
- HOSA Scholarships
- Health Science Teacher Resources
- Florida Center for Nursing-Nursing Data and Resources
- Florida Department of Health Regulated Professions
- Florida Health Care Careers
- Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Next Generation Occupational Standards - For information about the three year plan of work and a summary page of important events regarding Health Science programs.
- Curriculum Frameworks (Current)
- Health Science Core Standards - Secondary (2015-16 Draft) (RTF)
- Health Science Core Standards - PSAV and Colleges (2015-16 Draft) (RTF)
If you need additional information, contact , Supervisor for Health Science Education at 850-245-9018.