Educational programs in the Energy Cluster prepare students for careers in planning, managing and providing support and technical services related to the generation, transmission and distribution of various types of energy along with the engineering design, construction, maintenance and repair of these systems.
Careers in Energy Week - October 14-20, 2013Careers in Energy Week is an annual, weeklong event in October dedicated to celebrating and raising awareness of energy careers and their importance to our communities, state and the nation. This week also highlights the Career and Technical Education programs ranging from those at the middle school through college levels, that were designed to stimulate interest in the world of energy and provide students with the skills they need to begin rewarding careers in the energy industry.
The 2013 Careers in Energy Week Video Contest is sponsored by the Florida Energy Workforce Consortium (FEWC), an organization whose purpose is to develop solutions to meet current and future workforce needs for the state’s energy industry.
Career and Technical Student Organizations
Related Organizations and Resources
- Banner Center for Clean Energy (University of Central Florida)
- Banner Center for Energy (Indian River State College)
- Center for Energy Workforce Development (CEWD)
- Energy Kids (U.S. Energy Information Administration)
- Florida Energy Systems Consortium (FESC)
- Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC)
- Florida Energy Workforce Consortium (FEWC)
- Get into Energy
- Get into Energy Florida
- My Energy Gateway
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Energy: Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- U.S. Department of Energy: Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy - Energy Basics
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Clean Energy
Industry Certification Providers
- Center for Energy Workforce Development - Energy Industry Fundamentals
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP)
- FACTE Updates July 2012 (PDF, 1MB)
- 2010-2011 Energy Program Enrollment (Excel, 75KB)
For more information about the Energy Career Cluster, please contact , or at (850) 245-9016.