Florida Department of Education Medicaid Systems
Medicaid Tracking System 3.0
The Medicaid Tracking System (MTS) 3.0 is a web-based application provided by the Bureau of Exceptional Student Education (BESE) to districts at no cost, allowing service providers to document and request reimbursement for services provided to students with disabilities through the Medicaid Certiﬁed School Match Program.
MTS 3.0 Features
Providers can document and bill for speech therapy services, physical therapy services and occupational therapy services, as well as nursing services. Providers can generate personal reports of their documented services. Administrators can create detailed reports related to services documented by providers. Administrators can generate/upload the following files:
- 270 Medicaid Eligibility Request file for submission to AHCA using two student data ﬁles
- 271 Medicaid Eligibility Response file
- 837 Professional Health Care Claims (billing) file
Contact MTSSupport@fldoe.org for more information.
Medicaid Tracking System 2.0
MTS 2.0 is a desktop-based (versus web-based) school district Medicaid billing software application. It is designed to facilitate a school district's student Medicaid eligibility checks and student Medicaid billing, as performed under the Medicaid Certified School Match Program. MTS 2.0 is provided at no cost to school districts by BESE.
MTS 2.0 Features
- Can bill all service types that are billable under the Medicaid Certified School Match Program.
- Draws its core data from your School Information System (SIS) via a "Student File" and an optional "Exceptionality File" which are produced by your IT Department on monthly basis for importation into MTS 2.0.
- Enables automated mass student Medicaid eligibility checks to be performed monthly. With the received eligibility data, you can generate paper-based or PDF-based monthly student Medicaid eligibility reports.
- Streamlined Medicaid billing record entry. To bill a service, you only need to enter Student ID, Service Provider ID, Date of Service, Procedure Code, Diagnosis Code and Units.
- You can enter your billable service data from paper service documents, or from electronic service documents (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF etc.).
- Optionally, you can import service records into MTS 2.0 in bulk from other software applications using a specifically formatted Microsoft Excel file to avoid having to hand enter that service data into MTS 2.0.
MTS 2.0 Architecture
MTS 2.0 is a Microsoft Windows desktop database application. It is designed for installation in your school district central office's Medicaid department, either as a single-user installation on one computer, or as a multi-user installation on multiple client computers in conjunction with a shared data folder on an IT department file server. Multi-user installations typically contain up to five users, but more users can be supported.
Technical support on the installation and operation of MTS 2.0 is provided by Nanci English, Medicaid in Schools Consultant, Nanci.English@fldoe.org.
Electronic Medicaid Administrative Claiming System
The Electronic Medicaid Administrative Claiming System (EMACS) is a random moment sample (RMS) web application that supports Florida public school districts with meeting the requirements of the Florida Medicaid School District Administrative Claiming (SDAC) program. EMACS is utilized by the EMACS Group, which is composed of very-large, large, medium and small Florida public school districts. The Group's member districts work cooperatively to complete the quarterly SDAC RMS. By working together on the random moment sample, the EMACS Group spreads the RMS workload proportionately among its member districts. The EMACS Group and the EMACS web application are managed and supported by the EMACS Data Manager. The EMACS Data Manager is part of BoSSS, which provides the EMACS web application, and the services of the EMACS Data Manager, at no cost to member districts in the EMACS Group. No contract is necessary for a district to become a member of the EMACS Group.
- No contract and no cost for a school district to participate.
- The EMACS web application can be accessed using popular desktop/laptop/tablet web browsers.
- The EMACS web application and the EMACS Data Manager support the EMACS Group's member school districts end-to-end in the SDAC random moment sample process.
- Each district in the EMACS Group performs the Activity Coding on its own RMS Moments.
- The EMACS Data Manager provides a review of all the Activity Coding done by the EMACS Group member districts during the Quarter.
Contact Nanci English, Medicaid in Schools Consultant, at Nanci.English@fldoe.org for more information.