Disability Support Services
Students with disabilities are welcome at all Florida colleges. College students with documented disabilities are eligible to receive auxiliary aids and services which may include services such as extended time on exams, texts in an alternative format, note-takers, and sign language interpreters.
In order to receive services, students must self-disclose their disability and register with to their college’s Office of Student Disability Services. Students in need of disability services must also present current documentation of their disability. Documentation requirements may vary across colleges and may also be different than the documents required by middle and high schools. Colleges recommend that students register as early as possible before the beginning of a semester in order to ensure accommodations are in place. Please contact your local student disability services office for specific documentation requirements.
- 1004.91 - Career-preparatory instruction
- 1007.02 - Access to postsecondary education and meaningful careers for students with disabilities
- 1007.264 - Impaired and learning disabled persons; admission to postsecondary educational institutions
- 1007.265 - Impaired and learning disabled persons; graduation, study program admission, and upper-division entry
- 1009.41 - State financial aid; students with a disability
- 1007.25 General education courses; common prerequisites; and other degree requirements.
- 6A-10.040 (Word) - Basic Skills Requirements for Postsecondary Career Certificate Education
- 6A-10.041 - Substitution for Requirements for Eligible Disabled Students at State Universities, Florida Colleges, and Postsecondary Career Centers
- 6A-20.111 (Word) - Criteria for Documentation of Disability
Memos & Technical Assistance
For additional information relating to disability services, please contact:
Alexander C. Jordan, Director of Student and Administrative Affairs
Florida Department of Education
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1544
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
Data & Reports
- Report of 2012-13 Enrollments and Completions for Students with Disabilities in the Florida College System (Excel)
- Course Substitution Report Template (PDF)