Golden & Silver School Awards
The Golden and Silver School Awards are presented annually to recognize schools. with exemplary volunteer programs including family, community partner, and student volunteer engagement.
The Golden School Award recognizes elementary, secondary and adult schools with exemplary volunteer programs that meet the following criteria:
- School has a designated volunteer coordinator,
- Volunteers receive orientation and training,
- School staff is trained in school volunteerism, and
- Total volunteer service hours equal or exceeds twice the number of students enrolled.
The Silver School Award recognizes secondary schools that provide volunteer services to elementary or other secondary schools, and meet the following criteria:
- Both schools have a designated volunteer coordinator,
- Volunteers receive orientation and training, and
- Student volunteer hours equal or exceed at least one half the total student population.
2023-2024 Application Packet will be posted soon!
- Golden and Silver School Awards Application (PDF)
- Golden School Nomination Form (Word)
- Silver School Nomination Form (Word)
Director, Family and Community Engagement
Bureau of Family and Community Outreach