Golden & Silver School Awards
The Golden and Silver School Awards are presented annually to recognize schools. with exemplary volunteer programs including family, community partner, and student volunteer engagement.
The Golden School Award recognizes elementary, secondary and adult schools with exemplary volunteer programs that meet the following criteria:
- 80% of the school's staff is trained in school volunteerism,
- School has a designated volunteer coordinator, and
- Total number of volunteer service hours equals or exceeds the number of students enrolled.
The Silver School Award recognizes secondary schools that provide volunteer services to elementary or other secondary schools, and meet the following criteria:
- Both schools have a designated volunteer coordinator,
- Volunteers, both students and faculty, receive orientation and training, and
- Student volunteer hours equal or exceed at least one-third the total student population.