Talented Twenty Program
The Talented Twenty program supports the efforts to better prepare students for life and work in the 21st century. The intent of the Talented Twenty Program is to encourage students to strive for better grades and pursue rigorous academic courses. Students eligible for the Talented Twenty Program have proven academic success in their respective K-12 public schools and are guaranteed admission, within space and fiscal limitations, to one of the 12 state universities. This document includes information regarding the guidelines to determine students in the top 20 percent of their graduating class and the specifications they must meet to be eligible for the Talented Twenty Program. A district has the responsibility of identifying the top 20 percent from each eligible high school’s graduating class and must submit data for those meeting the required specifications. The submission period for schools and districts to transmit data is February 3, 2023, through March 24, 2023.
- Technical Assistance Paper Talented Twenty Program: Technical Specifications for the Submission of Talented Twenty Data (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for District and School Counselors (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Parents and Students (PDF)
- Talented Twenty Data Tip Sheet (PDF)
- Educator Login
- Board of Governors Rule 6.002(2)(c), F.A.C. (PDF)
For questions and comments regarding the Talented Twenty Program, please contact Talented20@fldoe.org.