2021-22 Request for Proposal (RFP)
The Florida Department of Education (FDOE) is pleased to announce the 2021-2022 College Reach-Out Program (CROP) Request for Proposals (RFP). CROP was established in 1983 by the Florida Legislature to motivate and prepare students in grades 6–12 from low-income educationally disadvantaged backgrounds towards pursuing and successfully completing postsecondary education. Participants are students who otherwise would be unlikely to seek admission to a postsecondary institution without special support and recruitment efforts.
According to Section 1007.34(3), Florida Statutes (F.S.), to participate in CROP, a postsecondary educational institution may submit a proposal to the FDOE. Program funds are appropriated by the Legislature to the FDOE and allocated through a competitive process. Section 1007.34(9), F.S., states that members of the CROP Advisory Council review the proposals and recommend to the State Board of Education an order of priority for funding the proposals.
The 2021-2022 state appropriation for CROP is $1,000,000, subject to state budget approval. Awarded postsecondary institutions are required to match the state appropriation with cash and in-kind services.
Expected Scope of Services:
Program activities must support the following goals:
- Motivate students to pursue a postsecondary education.
- Enhance students’ basic learning skills and performance.
- Strengthen students’ and parents’ understanding of the benefits of postsecondary education.
- Foster academic, personal, and career development through supplemental instruction.
Estimated Key Action Dates: The dates in the following table are only estimates and are provided to illustrate the current expectations for the timing of actions related to this RFP and the contract for services.
The Florida Department of Education is accepting proposals from postsecondary educational institutions in Florida to operate a 2021-2022 College Reach-Out Program. TAPS (Tracking Applications) Number 22B037 - Statewide).
- TAPS 22B037-Statewide (PDF)
- 2021-2022 Proposal Evaluation Rubric Score Sheet (PDF)
- Project Performance Accountability Form (PDF)
- CROP Institutional and Consortium Budget forms (PDF)
- Appendix B (Deliverable/Activity Schedule) (PDF)
- Attachment G (PDF)
- Rule 6A-6.05282
Grant forms may be found at https://www.fldoe.org/finance/contracts-grants-procurement/grants-management/department-of-edu-grants-forms.stml
2021-22 RFP Questions and Answers
Questions & Answers (PDF)