Concerns Regarding a FL-SARA Approved Institution
- Students must first go through the institutional process listed in the institution’s website.
- If the student is not satisfied with the outcome, he/she may notify the state agency that governs the institution (see lists of state agencies under Contact Directory).
- If the student is not satisfied with the outcome he/she may appeal to the Council by sending an email to FLSARAinfo@fldoe.org.
- Student concerns must be filed within two years of the incident.
- Complete the institutional and state agency process prior to notifying the Council.
- Student concerns must be a formal assertion in writing that the terms of SARA, or of laws, standards or regulations incorporated by SARA, are being violated by a person, institution, state, agency or other organization or entity operating under the terms of SARA.
- You are a student of a FL-SARA approved institution. See list of approved institutions. (The student is a distance education student living outside-of-the-State of Florida at the time that the incident occurred.
- If you are not a student, but have a concern about any of the above, you may also use the above process.