Skip to Content

Florida State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement

Complaint Process

  1. Students must first go through the institutional complaint process listed in the institution’s website under grievance and/or complaint process.
  2. If the student is not satisfied with the outcome, he/she may file a complaint with the state agency that governs the institution (see lists of state agencies under Contact Directory).
  3. If the student is not satisfied with the outcome he/she may appeal the complaint to the Council by sending an email to


  1. Complaint must be filed within two years of the incident about which the complaint is made.
  2. Complete the institutional and state agency complaint process prior to submitting complaint to the Council.
  3. Complaint must be a formal assertion in writing that the terms of SARA, or of laws, standards or regulations incorporated by SARA, are being violated by a person, institution, state, agency or other organization or entity operating under the terms of SARA.
  4. You are a student of a FL-SARA approved institution. See list of approved institutions.  (The student is a distance education student living outside-of-the-State of Florida at the time that the incident occurred.
  5. If you are not a student, but have a concern about any of the above, you may submit a complaint.