Articulation Coordinating Committee - Oversight Committee
Primary ActivitiesThe primary role of the Oversight Committee is to make recommendations based on information resulting from the following:
- Reconciling designated common prerequisite courses with the Statewide Course Numbering System to ensure accuracy and utility.
- Building institution accountability for adhering to designated program prerequisites and advising students appropriately.
- Surveying the faculty sub-committees to determine if changes in programs warrant changes in designated prerequisites.
- Conducting a review of institution catalogs for verification of the communication of common program prerequisites.
- Studying student participation in statewide agreements.
- Conducting a review of current programs that may be candidates for statewide articulation, including institution surveys and workforce trends.
The Oversight Committee will consist of 11 members. An executive committee will be comprised of the director of the Office of Articulation, the chief academic officer of the Division of Community Colleges and Workforce Education, and the chief academic officer of the State University System. The chief academic officers will serve as committee co-chairs. Each co-chair will recommend four (4) institutional representatives from their respective sector to serve as members of the committee, and the appointments will be approved by a vote of the executive committee.
Dr. Melody Bowden
Associate Vice Provost, Academic Administration
University of Central Florida
Dr. Shawn Brayton
Director, Academic Support Services
University of North Florida
Dr. Tunjarnika Coleman-Ferrell
Provost and Dean
Palm Beach State College
Dr. Tom Dvorske
Vice Provost, Academic Affairs
Florida Polytechnic University
Dr. Christy England
Vice Chancellor, Academic and Student Affairs
Florida Board of Governors
Dr. Carrie Henderson
Executive Vice Chancellor
Division of Florida Colleges
Dr. Amy Locklear
Daytona State College
Dr. Calandra Stringer
Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs
Tallahassee Community College
Dr. Janie Valdes
Assistant Vice President, Enrollment Services
Florida International University
Dr. Sid Valentine
Vice President, Academic Affairs and Student Services
South Florida State College
Relevant Statutes and Rules Pertaining to Common Prerequisites
- 1007.25(5), F.S
- 1001.02(x), F.S.
- 6A-10.024(20), F.A.C.
Relevant Statutes and Rules Pertaining to Statewide Articulation Agreements
- 6A-10.024(6)(b), F.A.C.
- 6A-10.024(6)(c), F.A.C.
- 6A-10.024(7)(d), F.A.C.