Hurricane Ian Information
Governor Ron DeSantis has activated the Florida Disaster Fund to support individuals who are impacted by Hurricane Ian. The Florida Disaster Fund helps provide financial support to Florida’s communities in times of disaster. To make a contribution, please visit www.FloridaDisasterFund.org or text DISASTER to 20222 to make donation.
The Florida Department of Education works closely with school districts before, during and after natural disasters to ensure they have the resources necessary to resume normal operations as quickly as possible. We will continue collaborating with district leadership to address questions as they arise. At this time, the Department is monitoring the storm. Please continue to visit our website for updates.
K12 School Closures
- All Florida schools have re-opened for in-person instruction.
Florida College System & University System
- All 28 State Colleges and 12 State Universities are Open.
- See Press Release at https://www.fldoe.org/newsroom/latest-news/thanks-to-around-the-clock-work-from-colleges-and-universities-classes-have-resumed-at-all-public-higher-education-institutions-in-florida.stml
Vocational Rehabilitation & Blind Services
- All Vocational Rehabilitation and Blind Services offices are Open
- See Press Release at https://www.fldoe.org/newsroom/latest-news/florida-department-of-education-opens-all-vocational-rehabilitation-and-blind-services-locations.stml
- Note: Due to the closure of Daytona Regional Service Center, staff are currently temporarily working at the DBS Center at 408 White Street, Daytona Beach, FL 32114