Florida Standards Assessments
With the Florida standards in place to help Florida students succeed, the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) in English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics, and end-of-course (EOC) subjects (Algebra 1 and Geometry) serve Florida students by measuring education gains and progress. Students, parents/guardians, and educators are encouraged to check the FSA Portal often to access important information and resources as they are available.
The Statewide Science Assessment is still administered to students in grades 5 and 8. Information about the previous FCAT 2.0 assessments (reading, writing, and mathematics) is available at FCAT 2.0 Historical.
The FSA Portal provides resources for students, parents, educators, test administrators, school assessment coordinators, district assessment coordinators, and technology coordinators. Some of the available resources include:
- Practice tests are provided for students to become familiar with the paper-based item types and the computer-based system, functionality, and item types; the tests are not intended to guide classroom instruction.
- ELA Text-Based Writing Samplers are also available to define how points will be given within each domain.
- The Department offers a number of resources related to the standards associated with each test, instructional strategies to teach them, and how they may be assessed. For resources related to the Florida Standards, please visit the Interpretive Information page of the FSA Portal. For information regarding resources related to the B.E.S.T. Standards, please see the New Instructional Guides Aligned to B.E.S.T. Standards (PDF) document.
- The test design summaries and blueprints for ELA (PDF) and for Mathematics (PDF) provide more detailed information about the assessments, including the percentage of items in each content category, cognitive complexity, and approximate number of test items.
- Fact sheets provide a brief overview of each assessment and are updated annually:
- The Florida Statewide Assessments Calculator and Reference Sheet Policies (PDF) document describes policies and materials specific to the mathematics assessments. In addition, the scientific calculator provided in the AIR Test Delivery System is available for student practice.
- FSA Results
- Understanding Florida Statewide Assessment Results, 2021-2022 (PDF)
- Reporting Category Results
- FSA and NGSSS Results: Guidance for Districts and Schools on Data Analysis (PDF)
- Interactive FSA Results: EDStats
- Retrofitted Results
- Statewide Assessment Program Information Guide (PDF)
- Feasibility of the Use of the ACT and SAT in Lieu of Florida Statewide Assessments (PDF)
- To request specific appendices for the above report, please email Assessment@fldoe.org.
- Florida Statewide Assessments Achievement Level Descriptions (PDF)
- FSA Achievement Levels (PDF)
- FSA Achievement Level Descriptions (PDF)
- Test Format by Year for Florida's Statewide Assessments (PDF)
- Computer-Based Testing
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Graduation Requirements for Florida's Statewide Assessments (PDF)
- UEB Transition for Standards-Based Assessments (PDF)
- One Year of Florida’s Assessment Committee Participants (2018-2019) (PDF)
- Participation in State Assessment Committees (PDF)
- Private Schools Opportunities for Statewide Assessments
- Standard Setting