Exceptional Student Education
The Bureau of Exceptional Student Education administers programs for students with disabilities. Additionally, the bureau coordinates student services throughout the state and participates in multiple inter-agency efforts designed to strengthen the quality and variety of services available to students with special needs.
Topics of Special Interest
- TIES Distance Learning Overview
- Virtual Webinars Recordings for Parents and Educators
- FDLRS NEFEC Tier II & Tier III Instruction During COVID 19
- BEESS Discretionary Projects Virtual Instruction Resources
- Annual State Application for IDEA, Part B - FY 2021 (PDF): In order to receive a grant under Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), states must submit an application annually. The public participation requirements relevant to Part B are set forth in the Part B regulations at 34 CFR 300.165 and in section 441(b)(7) of the General Education Provisions Act (GEPA). States are required to make the Part B Application available to the public for a period of 60 days, and accept comments for a period of at least 30 days. Florida’s Part B Application will be available to the public from March 19, 2021 through May 18, 2021. Comments will be accepted through April 18, 2021 and may be submitted in writing to the IDEA Program Manager, Bureau of Exceptional Student Education, 325 West Gaines Street, Suite 614, Tallahassee, Florida 32399; via email to the IDEA grant mailbox IDEAGrant@fldoe.org; or via fax at (850) 245-0953. For the benefit of the public interest, the application will be available for public viewing after the posted end dates.