Statute and Rule
The following statute and rule contain important provisions for the implementation of the High School Equivalency Diploma Program.
- Section 1003.435 - High school equivalency diploma program
- Authorizes the State Board of Education to establish standards to administer and award high school equivalency diploma examinations
- Sets age restriction
- Establishes status which allows admission into state universities or colleges
- Rule 6A-6.0201– State of Florida High School Diplomas
- Establishes passing requirements on the high school equivalency diploma
- Sets state policies and procedures for approval of testing centers
- Sets testing price and fees
- Sets eligibility requirements for testing centers
Selection of Assessment
In 2020, a competitive procurement was conducted to evaluate available computer-based assessments of high school equivalency. The award for the high school equivalency assessment was made to GED Testing Service® for the GED® Test as the best value for high school equivalency and alignment to Florida standards. A 3-year contract was executed beginning July 1, 2021; contract is renewable annually for three additional years.
Testing Center Administration
GED® test administrators and supervisors must contact the high school equivalency diploma office manager at email@example.com for additional information concerning the operation of a GED® testing center in Florida.
GED®and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education (ACE). They may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of ACE or GED Testing Service®. The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license from the American Council on Education.