Prepping Institutions, Programs, Employers and Learners through Incentives for Nursing Education (PIPELINE)
The purpose of the PIPELINE fund is to reward performance and excellence among nursing education programs at Florida College System Institutions and school district postsecondary technical career centers that offer a licensed practical nurse program pursuant to section (s.) 1009.897, Florida Statutes (F.S.), which was created through the passage of Senate Bill 2524 (Chapter 2022-154, Laws of Florida).
The PIPELINE program provides for performance funds, subject to appropriation, based upon the following:
- The number of nursing education program completers, by program.
- The first-time National Council of State Boards of Nursing Licensing Examination (NCLEX) passage rate of the institution’s nursing education program completers, by program.
- Excellence among nursing education programs with an average first-time NCLEX passage rate above the national average.
Florida College System institutions, school district postsecondary technical career centers under 1001,44, F.S., and charter technical career centers under 1002.34, F.S., are eligible to receive funds.
The 2023 General Appropriations Act provided the following allocations to school districts and FCS institutions:
- $20 million in funds to school districts with licensed practical nursing programs based upon 2021-22 data sources for completion and 2021 licensure data.
- $40 million in funds to FCS institutions with licensed practical nursing and registered nursing programs based upon 2021-22 data sources for completion and 2021 licensure data.
Funds Release Process
The Department of Education is streamlining the release of funds and application process for the Prepping Institutions, Programs, Employers, and Learners through Incentives for Nursing Education (PIPELINE) grant funds. As a result, agencies will be provided with a direct transfer of funds in three increments which will allow for the efficient use of these resources to benefit your programs. The following table summarizes the estimated payment schedule:
While these funds are provided based upon recent performance in nursing education programs, the expenditure of these funds is not limited in the statute to only nursing programs. Agencies have local discretion and flexibility to expend PIPELINE funds for supporting any state funding eligible program.
Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document below for specific questions.
The Department will be required to report on the impact of these funds. As a result, agencies will be expected to report the following information at the end of the fiscal year:
- Funds expended in the 2023-24 fiscal year (July 1 to June 30)
- Programs benefiting from the expenditure of these funds
- Impact of these funds on program quality and student access and achievement
*The exact format of the report will be provided at a future date.
- 2023-24 Allocation Calculation Chart – District Fund (Excel)
- 2023-24 Allocation Calculation Chart – Florida College System (Excel)
- List of Eligible State Funded Programs for FCS (Excel)
- List of Eligible State Funded Programs for School District Postsecondary (Excel)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) – Revised 08/18/2023
Questions regarding the program may be directed to PIPELINE@fldoe.org.