Florida Future Educators of America
Since 1986, the Florida Department of Education has provided assistance to schools in forming and maintaining chapters of Florida Future Educators of America (FFEA), a pre-collegiate and collegiate teacher recruitment program. The program provides a forum for students to become aware of career opportunities in education and nurtures their interest in teaching as a career. It also provides an avenue for collegiate members to stay informed of the latest issues and advancements in the education profession. FFEA is administered through local school chapters at all grade levels - elementary through postsecondary. A teacher or faculty advisor is required to provide the leadership for each chapter.
Each year, the Department coordinates a state conference for postsecondary chapters and high student members and their advisors. The department also provides promotional materials to support the advancement of the FFEA program.
Schools interested in establishing a chapter may submit a New Chapter Form to the Bureau of Educator Recruitment and Professional Development. Students interested in joining FFEA should check with their school to determine whether a chapter has already been established.
- Registered FFEA Chapters (PDF, 263KB)
- Outstanding Chapter Award Recipients (PDF, 128KB)
- Promotional Materials
- Conference Information
- New Chapter Form (Word, 100KB)
- Chapter Update Form (Word, 100KB)
- District Coordinator Update Form (Word, 98KB)
- Outstanding Chapter Program Self-Nomination Form (PDF, 118KB)
- Elementary School Advisor Handbook (PDF, 134KB)
- Middle School Advisor Handbook (PDF, 140KB)
- High School Advisor Handbook (PDF, 215KB)
Apple Slices, the FFEA Newsletter
For more information
Florida Department of Education
Bureau of Educator Recruitment, Development, and Retention
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 124
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400