Resources & Technical Assistance
Resources and technical assistance tools to support development and implementation of evaluation systems are posted in this section.
ResourcesThe following resources support development and effective implementation of District Performance Appraisal Systems:
Common Language of Instruction: A statewide system of public education supported by systemic professional learning and evaluation system feedback requires effective use of a common language of instruction. Resources in this section assist LEAs in participating in the development and use of a common language of instruction for Florida educators.
Florida Educator Accomplished Practices (FEAPs)
- Florida Educator Accomplished Practices (FEAPs)
- FEAPs Crosswalk to Research-based Educator Standards (PDF)
Florida Principal Leadership Standards (FPLS)
Research Frameworks and Research Sources: Contemporary research on effective instructional and school leadership practices that impact student learning are an essential element in Florida's evaluation processes. These resources assist districts in applying contemporary research within their district model:
- Research Base and Validation Studies on the Marzano Evaluation Model (PDF)
- Meta-Analytic Synthesis of Studies Conducted at Marzano Research Laboratory on Instructional Strategies (PDF)
- Supports for Danielson Framework for Teaching (PDF, 323KB)
- Link Between the Florida Accomplished Educator Standards and the Framework for Teaching (PDF, 471KB)
- Teacher Evaluation Systems Alignment: FEAPs-Marzano-Danielson (PDF, 368KB)
- 2011 Florida Leadership Standards Cross-referenced to Contemporary Research and Key Leadership Writing (PDF, 279KB)
- Guidelines for Evaluator Training Programs (PDF, 35KB)
Technical AssistanceThe following resources support fidelity of implementation of District Performance Evaluation Systems.
Calendars/Schedules of Technical Assistance (TA)This section provides information on scheduled technical assistance (TA) to districts.
Communities of Practice Technical Assistance
- March 1, 2012 - Learning Goals and What They Mean for Evaluation and Professional Development Materials and Video
High Effect Size Strategies
- High Effect Size Strategies (PDF, 82KB)
- High Effect Size Indicators Alignment to FEAPs-FPLS (PDF, 274KB)
Online Learning: Evaluation and Professional Development AlignmentSources for sharing online professional learning on strategies embedded in state model evaluation systems and/or revealed by contemporary research on educational practice as impacting student learning and/or faculty/leadership development:
Race To The Top Consultants' Support Websites
- LSI/Marzano Evaluation: RTTT Support: RTTT Implementation Assistance provided through Learning Sciences International (LSI) (Requires site registration, free to Florida educators)
- Leadership and Learning Center RTTT Leadership Evaluation Support
- McRel support for Professional Development Systems