The Florida Department of Education is scheduled to launch its new Educator Certification System on November 20, 2017. Beginning November 9th through November 19th, transition to the new system will occur. During system transition dates, applicants and educators will only be able to access certification status as of November 9th – no updates will be permitted until after the new system is launched. Please visit the EdCert VERSA Conversion site for more information.
Please make sure that all documents you send to our office contain either your Social Security number or Florida DOE#.
U.S. Domestic Toll-Free Number: 800-445-6739
Outside U.S.: 850-245-5049
The Bureau of Educator Certification provides an automated telephone inquiry service for teachers through use of a touch-tone telephone. This automated service is now available by telephone anytime except from 1:00 am – 4:00 am each day.
General information available by telephone includes:
- Getting started with teaching and certification in Florida
- Information on Florida's certification examinations
- Request certification materials to be sent to you by mail
Further information available for applicants by telephone with Applicant ID # or Department of Education (DOE) #:
- Status of valid application or certificate
- Last 10 documents received into or sent from your file in the last six months
- During the week of November 13-17, live access to a certification specialist will only be available from 12:30 until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Bureau of Educator Certification provides information and assistance to visitors of the office on the second floor of the Ralph Turlington Building in Tallahassee. Appointments are not provided. Assistance is provided on a "first come, first served" basis.
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday