|Text Index||Custom Search|
Florida Sunshine State Scholars
The Sunshine State Scholars Program, a mathematics and science recognition program for high school seniors throughout Florida, recently announced its regional scholars for 2008. The program, initiated in 1998, provides the opportunity for every district in Florida to showcase its excellent student performance in mathematics and science. The unique program is available to high school seniors, and represents an opportunity to recognize those students who excel in these subject matters of the Florida curriculum frameworks.
The regional scholars are as follows:
- Justin Engle, Gulf Breeze High School, Santa Rosa County
- Chris Perera, Stanton College Preparatory High School, Duval County
- Renfei Tu, Vanguard High School, Marion County
- John Colby, H.B. Plant High School, Hillsborough County
- Aman Mittal, St. Petersburg High School, Pinellas County
- Karan Sagar*, Palm Harbor University High School, Pinellas County
- Milton Guy, Vero Beach High School, Indian River County
- Andrew Lin, Stoneman Douglas High School, Miami-Dade County
- Alexander Li, Miami Palmetto Senior High School, Miami-Dade County
- Mason Bogue, Suncoast High School, Palm Beach County
(* The 2008 Statewide Sunshine State Scholar in Mathematics and Science)
To view the list of all winners, visit http://www.unf.edu/dept/sunshine/2008/index.html.