|Text Index||Custom Search|
Polk County Seniors Named National Merit Scholarship Finalists
Eleven Polk County area high school seniors have been named National Merit Scholarship finalists. More than 1.4 million students entered the 2008 National Merit Program by taking the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT), and about 15,000 students nationally attain National Merit Scholarship finalist status. The 2008 National Merit finalists, including the 11 Polk students, represent less than one percent of U.S. high school seniors.
The high school seniors selected are:
- Monica Bhutiani – Winter Haven
- Kaleb D. Delk – Winter Haven
- Chrisopher B. Lioi – Winter Haven
- Jaclyn M. Nelson – Lake Wales
- Jasmina A. Ouhri – Lakeland
- Richard J. Schuler – Lakeland
- Emily A. Trogolo – Lakeland
- Caitlin E. Howell – Lakeland
- Elizabeth J. Young – Lakeland
- Tyler E. Bias – Lakeland
- Barbara J. Dinkins – Lakeland
These students will now compete for more than 8,200 National Merit Scholarships totaling more than $34 million. National Merit Scholarships will be awarded in the spring and summer of 2008. National Merit scholarships are sponsored by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation, corporations and colleges.