Sexual Harassment (SXH) - Level III
Definition:Unwanted verbal or physical behavior with sexual connotations by an adult or student that is severe or pervasive enough to create an intimidating, hostile, or offensive educational environment, cause discomfort or humiliation or unreasonably interfere with the individual's school performance or participation. (6A-19.008 (1) SBE Rule) (PDF). An incident when one person demands a sexual favor from another under the threat of physical harm or adverse consequence.
- Student or other causing unwanted and ongoing episodes of leering, pinching, grabbing.
- Student or other making suggestive comments, jokes, or actions of a sexual nature
- Student or other pressuring one to engage in sexual activity.
- Teacher threatening to lower a student's grade if sexual favors are not given.
- Student or other repeatedly showing a photograph, poster or other images of nudity, lewd or sexual activity.
- Student or other pressuring another student for sexual favors by threatening to prevent him/her from participating in a school activity.
Note: This is a "Violent Incident if it Results in Bodily Injury" and must be reported in the related element "Injury-Related."
Unwanted kissing becomes sufficiently pervasive to report when an individual kisses several others or when an individual kisses another several times.
- 1000.05 Discrimination against students and employees…
- Sexual Harassment: It's Not Academic (2008) U.S Department of Education - Office for Civil Rights
Fax: (850) 245-9978