Drug Sale/Distribution (DRD) - Level II
Definition:The manufacture, cultivation, sale, or distribution of any drug, narcotic, controlled substance, or substance represented to be a drug.
- Student passing a marijuana cigarette around in the school bathroom.
- Student giving prescription drugs prescribed for someone else to another.
- Student selling cocaine to another.
- Student or other misrepresenting substances as illegal drugs.
- Students taking medication prescribed for themselves.
- Student giving an aspirin or other over-the-counter medication to another in dosage prescribed.
- Student smoking a marijuana cigarette alone (refer to Drug Use/ Possession, DRU).
- Student found with a single marijuana cigarette in backpack (refer to Drug Use/ Possession, DRU).
Districts must also report the Drug-Related Element, and the Drug Description (PDF, 29KB) for all drug sale/distribution incidents. Complete the Drug Description using (M) - Marijuana, (N) - Not a controlled substance, (O) - Other illicit drugs, or (Z) - Not applicable. If the incident involves both (M) and (O), select the description that represents the most serious offense.
Note: Drug Sale/Distribution incidents must also be reported in the related element "Drug-Related"
Should the sale of fake drugs, such as a student representing oregano to be marijuana, be coded as a SESIR Drug Sale/Distribution incident?
- Yes, even though the substance being sold is not a controlled substance, it is being represented as a drug and under the SESIR definition of Drug Sale/Distribution; it should be reported as the SESIR incident DRD.
- 877.111 Inhalation, ingestion, possession, sale, purchase, or transfer of harmful chemical substances
- 893.147 Use, possession, manufacture, delivery, transportation, or advertisement of drug paraphernalia
Fax: (850) 245-9978