Breaking And Entering
Breaking and Entering/Burglary (BRK) - Level II
Definition:The unlawful entry with force, or unauthorized presence in a building or other structure or conveyance with evidence of the intent to damage or remove property or harm a person(s).
- Student or other breaking and entering into:
- a school building during athletic events,
- a school bus, or
- a residential garage that is being used for a school-sponsored event.
- Student or other willfully remaining within a building after it has been secured and committing a crime, such as vandalism or theft.
- Student or other entering an unlocked gym, without permission, and using the basketball court.
- Student or other wandering the halls, after hours, after entering through an unlocked door.
Note: Breaking and Entering is a "Violent Incident if it Results in Bodily Injury" and must be reported in the related element "Injury-Related."
If entry was by force, resulting in facility damage, the incident should be coded as Breaking and Entering/Burglary.
- 810.02 Burglary
Fax: (850) 245-9978