Equity and Civil Rights Compliance
This section is responsible for ensuring that all 28 colleges of the Florida College System maintain compliance with state and federal laws that protect all persons from discrimination based on race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, marital status, age, or disability. Additionally, this section ensures and monitors implementation of the Florida Educational Equity Act and the Institutional Employment Equity Accountability Plan for each college. These statutorily required programs promote enrollment and degree completion of traditionally underrepresented students and employment of underrepresented minorities in selected areas of college employment.
Concerns, Complaints?Do you have questions about discrimination? Or, as a student, employee, or applicant for admission or employment, believe you have been discriminated against based on race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, marital status, age, or disability and need information regarding filing a complaint? Please see the college complaint procedures for more information. Equity Officers at each college who can assist you.
StaffLynda Earls, Director of Equity & Civil Rights Compliance 850-245-9468
- Equity Officers/Coordinators for The Florida College System
- U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights
- Florida Commission on Human Relations
Related nondiscrimination laws
- Section 1000.05, Florida Statute: The Florida Educational Equity Act
- Section 1012.86, Florida Statute: Community College Employment Equity Accountability Program
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), 34 CFR Part 100
- Title XI of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), 34 CFR Part 106
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), 34 CFR Part 104
- Vocational Education Programs Guidelines for Eliminating Discrimination and Denial of Services on the Basis of Race, Color, and National Origin, Gender and Handicap (Guidelines), 34 CFR Part 100 Appendix B
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Title II), 28 CFR Part 35