Volunteer & Community Involvement
Awards & Recognition Programs
Volunteer and Community Involvement programs develop community resources in response to the differing needs of classrooms. By accessing the many diverse resources found in communities, these programs enrich and enhance school curriculum. A wide array of community partners enables these programs to maximize their impact. Volunteers may tutor, mentor, assist in the classroom, help with fundraising, participate in developing school plans, as well as many other opportunities. Recognition awards promote community involvement as well as highlight outstanding volunteer practices and showcase exemplary projects which are then shared statewide. The following are the district Volunteer Program Contacts who manage the volunteer program and the award process for each school district:
- 2014-15 Volunteer Community Involvement Coordinators (Word, 158KB)
5 Star School Awards
2012-2013- 859 schools
This award is presented annually to schools that have shown evidence of exemplary community involvement.
Golden and Silver School Awards
2013-2014 - 1965 schools
Recognizes both public elementary and secondary schools with exemplary volunteer programs.
Outstanding School Volunteer Awards
A student, an adult and a senior volunteer from each of the five regions in Florida is honored for outstanding dedication and commitment.
- 2013-2014 Outstanding School Volunteers List (PDF, 24KB)
- 2013-2014 Outstanding School Volunteer Summaries (PDF, 212KB)
The Family and Community Involvement Award
Recognizes projects that successfully engage parents in meaningful school-based programs.
- 2014-2015 Family and Community Involvement Award Form (389 KB)
- 2013-2014 Programs List (Word, 24KB)
- 2012-2013 Programs List (Word, 24KB)
- 2011-2012 Programs List (Word, 24KB)
- 2010-2011 Programs List (Word, 26KB)
Awards Information and Applications
We are proud to recognize excellence in education with the following Awards
- Excellence in Education Brochure (PDF, 341KB)
- Excellence in Education Brochure (RTF, 77KB)
Kelli Walker, Director 325 West Gaines Street, Room 1444 Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400 Phone: 850-245-0654