School Improvement Grants Sections 1003(a) And 1003(g)
The FLDOE provides LEAs with resources to support their student achievement goals. Funds are awarded through this program to LEAs to support extra services for low-performing Title I schools. The FLDOE works with LEAs through its Statewide System of Support. This System of Support offers assistance in aligning resources and provides strategies and support for increasing the foundational skills of students and improving the quality of teaching.
Cohort I - Federal Fiscal Year 2009 (FFY09)
- List of Persistently Lowest-Performing Schools (Tier I and II) (PDF, 43KB)
- Florida's Definition of Persistently Lowest-Performing Schools (Word, 46KB)
- List of Tier I, II, and III Schools (PDF, 496KB)
- REVISED Final Approved State SIG Application as of 7/2010 and State SIG Application (PDF, 898KB) (first submission)
- Decision Tree for Selection of Intervention Model for Persistently Lowest-Achieving Schools (PDF, 23KB)
- Performance Expectations for Intervention Models (PDF, 28KB)
- LEA SIG Applications
- SIG Summary Chart (PDF, 56KB)
Cohort II - Federal Fiscal Year 2010 (FFY10)Please contact or 850-245-0414 if assistance is needed with reading these documents.
Cohort III - Federal Fiscal Year 2013 (FFY13)
- Frequently Asked Questions - All questions regarding the competition for SIG 1003(g) funds must be submitted in writing to . Responses will be posted to the FAQ.
- Toolkit - The SIG 1003(g) tab includes Florida's State Application for FFY13 Funds and all appendices, including the Request for Proposals template and eligibility list. Additionally, the Toolkit contains helpful worksheets and handouts for districts completing proposals.
- 2013-14 School Improvement Initiative 1003(a) Application Online System - New!
- 2013-14 School Improvement Initiative 1003(a) Request for Application (RFA) (PDF, 73KB) - New!
- 2013-14 School Improvement Initiative 1003(a) RFA Memo (PDF, 61KB) - New!
- 2013-14 School Improvement Initiative 1003(a) Allocations (PDF, 25KB) - New!
- 2010-2011 Allocation for 1003(a) (PDF, 73KB)
- 2010-2011 Allocation for 1003 (g) (PDF, 56KB)
- 2009-2010 Allocation for 1003(a) (PDF, 37KB)
- 2008-2009 Allocation for 1003(a) and (g) (PDF, 69KB)
- 2007-2008 Allocation for 1003(g) (PDF, 33KB)
- 2009-2013 Title I School Improvement Online System – Section 1003(g)
- 2010-2011 Title I School Improvement Online System – Section 1003(a)
- 2010-2011 Title I School Improvement Review Checklist – Section 1003(a) (PDF, 63KB)
Consolidated State Performance Report (CSPR)
Title I Schools in Need of Improvement
- USDE Non-Regulatory Guidance on LEA and School Improvement (PDF) (revised July 21, 2006)
School Improvement Initiative 1003(a)
- Revised Title I, School Improvement Initiative 1003(a) Frequently Asked Questions - Coming soon!
- FDOE Presentation Regarding 2010-2013 SIG 1003(g) (PDF, 68KB)
- Toolkit for Implementing the School Improvement Grant (SIG) Transformation Model (Word)
- Handbook on Effective Implementation of School Improvement Grants
- USED Guidance Documents for the School Improvement Fund
- What Works Clearinghouse- Home
- Education Resources Information Center- Home
- Florida Response to Instruction/Intervention- Home
- The Center for Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement- Home
- Searchable Directory (District Contact Information)
- Bureau of School Improvement
- Statewide System of Support