|Text Index||Custom Search|
"Florida: An ICON of Student Achievement" Art ContestAttention, students! Your hard work and improved academic achievement are making headlines throughout Florida. To highlight your talent further, the Department of Education is hosting a digital art contest.
All students are encouraged to participate.
Submissions should convey the contest's theme "Florida: An ICON of Student Achievement," represent only the artist's work (no copyrighted images), and meet the following graphic requirements:
- JPEG or TIFF format
- Square image at least 180 pixels in width and height
Please submit your artwork to by Friday, May 3, 2013. Finalists' work will be shared on the Florida Department of Education's Facebook page and the winning graphic will be determined by the number of "likes." The winning submission will become the department's Facebook icon. Prizes may include (but are not limited to) a pizza party for the winning student's class!
Need ideas to get started? Here are a few recent headlines:
- Florida students outshine counterparts in new National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) mega-states report.
- Florida ranked number one in the nation for having the highest percentage of graduates taking an Advanced Placement exam.
- Education Week's 2013 Quality Counts: Code of Conduct national report ranks Florida sixth in the nation for the quality of its education system.
- Florida Students Beat National Average in Nation's First Vocabulary Report Card.
- Florida fourth graders rank second in the world in international reading assessments.
Official Art Contest Rules (PDF, 89KB)