|Text Index||Custom Search|
Press ReleaseTuesday, April 1, 2014
DOE Press Office
Commissioner Pam Stewart Recognizes Outstanding School Support Staff~ Names finalists for Florida School-Related Employee of the Year award ~
Tallahassee, Fla., April 1, 2014 - Commissioner Pam Stewart today announced five finalists for the 2014 Florida School-Related Employee of the Year award. This award recognizes outstanding education support personnel for the significant contributions they make to their schools and communities.
"Every person in a school system contributes to the success of its students," said Commissioner Pam Stewart. "These important staff members are making a positive impact on the students they serve. I thank them for putting in the extra effort and I congratulate them for standing out among their colleagues."The finalists are:
- Debra Alvis-Greenwald, administrative assistant at Booker Middle School in Sarasota County Schools;
- James Lefko, food services manager at Bayshore Elementary School in Lee County Public Schools;
- Kathy Moresi, executive assistant for the Professional Learning Department at Florida Virtual School;
- Toni Padgett, career specialist at Fleming Island High School in Clay County Schools; and
- Deloris Patterson, school secretary at Dr. Phillips High School Ninth Grade Center in Orange County Public Schools.
The statewide winner will be announced in late April at the annual Florida School-Related Employee Finalists' Awards Breakfast. The top school-related employee will be presented with $1,500 in cash and tickets to LEGOLAND® Florida. Finalists receive a $500 cash prize and tickets to LEGOLAND Florida.
LEGOLAND Florida is a 150-acre, two-day interactive theme park designed specifically for families with children ages 2-12. The largest LEGOLAND Park in the world, it features more than 50 family rides, shows and attractions, water parks, restaurants, shopping, a water park and beautiful historic botanical garden.
To learn more about the Florida Department of Education programs to recognize the contributions of outstanding school administrators, classroom teachers and education support personnel, visit Recognition Awards.