|Text Index||Custom Search|
Media AdvisoryMonday, February 17, 2014
DOE Press Office
State Board of Education to Meet in OrlandoTallahassee, Fla., February 17, 2014 - The Florida State Board of Education will meet tomorrow in Orlando.
Highlights of the meeting include:
- Recognition of the 2014 Outstanding Assistant Principal Jeannie Inagawa, Cracker Trail Elementary School, Highlands County
- Recognition of the Florida TaxWatch Elite Principal Award honorees: Miami Dade County - Tangela Goa, Van E. Blanton Elementary School; Dr. Linda Amica-Roberts, Coconut Palm K-8 Academy; Anna Hernandez, M.A. Milam K-8 Center; Guillermo Munoz, Westland Hialeah Senior High School; and Dr. Verena Cabrera, Hialeah High School
- Approval of amendments to State Board Rule on student performance standards
- Discussion of proposed school accountability plan
- Approval of Bachelor of Science in Applied Health Sciences from Eastern Florida State College
What: State Board of Education Meeting
When: Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Where: Ronald Blocker Educational Leadership Center
445 West Amelia Street
The agenda and materials may be found at State Board of Education meeting.