|Text Index||Custom Search|
Media AdvisoryMonday, January 20, 2014
DOE Press Office
State Board of Education to Meet in MiamiTallahassee, Fla., January 20, 2014 - The Florida State Board of Education will meet tomorrow in Miami.
Highlights of the agenda include:
- Recognition of the 2013 Milken Award Winner Luis Espinosa, Superintendent of the Year Alberto Carvalho, and 2014 Principal of the Year finalists Eric Lundman (Orange County), Dr. Barbara Shirley (Sarasota County), and Brian Kingsley (Broward County)
- Report on Florida Standards comments
- Update on Digital Learning
- Approval of achievement levels for the U.S. History End-of-Course (EOC) assessment and passing scores for FCAT 2.0 and EOC assessments
- Approval of Florida Teacher Certification Examination passing scores
- Approval of Baccalaureate degree proposals from Florida Gateway College, South Florida State College and Eastern Florida State College
What: State Board of Education Meeting
When: Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Where: Miami Lakes Educational Center
5780 NW 158th Street
The agenda and materials may be found at State Board of Education meeting.
To view the meeting via live webcast, visit Florida Department of Education.