|Text Index||Custom Search|
Media AdvisoryMonday, October 14, 2013
DOE Press Office
State Board of Education to Meet in TampaTallahassee, Fla., October 14, 2013 - The Florida State Board of Education will meet tomorrow in Tampa.
Highlights of the agenda include:
- An update on the transition to new assessments
- Action related to confirmation that the State Board will not adopt Common Core State Standards appendices, Common Core sample performance tasks, Common Core samples of student writing and designed high school math courses
- Amendment of State Board Rule on implementation of Florida's system of school improvement and accountability
- Amendment of State Board Rule on school improvement ratings for alternative schools
- Approval of State Board Rule on school accountability for exceptional student education center schools
- Approval of State Board Rule on high school diploma designations
- Explanation of the process for setting passing scores for all statewide assessments and the status of U.S. History end-of-course assessment standard setting
The agenda and materials may be found at State Board of Education meeting.
To view the meeting via live webcast, visit Florida Department of Education.
What: State Board of Education Meeting
When: 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Where: Tampa Airport Marriott