|Text Index||Custom Search|
Press ReleaseTuesday, June 25, 2013
DOE Press Office
FDOE Announces School Grades Advisory Task Force Members~ Superintendents and education leaders set to discuss upcoming school grades ~
Tallahassee, Fla., June 25, 2013 -Florida Commissioner of Education Tony Bennett has announced the membership of an advisory task force to review the factors involved in determining school grades this year. Florida Board of Education Chair Gary Chartrand requested the move at last week's board meeting in Tampa.
The advisory task force's first meeting has been scheduled for July 1 in Tallahassee. Advisory task force members will review FCAT 2.0 and EOC assessment results, as well as other factors to make sure the accountability system is designed in the best interest of Florida's students.
"I look forward to working with superintendents and other task force members as we continue the important job of holding schools accountable and maintaining high expectations for teachers and students," said Commissioner of Education Dr. Tony Bennett.
The Florida Department of Education worked in collaboration with the Florida Association for District School Superintendents to create the task force. Task force members are listed below.
- Alberto Carvalho - Miami-Dade County
- MaryEllen Elia - Hillsborough County
- Malcolm Thomas - Escambia County
- Margaret Smith - Volusia County
- Wally Cox - Highlands County
- Will Krebs, FDOE Deputy Chief of Staff
- Kim McDougal, Education Coordinator, Governor's Office
- Jason Rose, Director, Data and Policy, Jacksonville Public Education Fund
- Dale Chu, FDOE Chief of Staff
- Senator Bill Montford
- DOE Commissioner Tony Bennett