|Text Index||Custom Search|
Press ReleaseTuesday, September 25, 2012
DOE Press Office
Florida Board of Education Extends Deadline in Commissioner SearchTallahassee, Fla., September 25, 2012 - The Florida State Board of Education today unanimously voted in favor of extending the application deadline for the position of Commissioner of Education.
The newly-approved timeline is below.
- November 30, 2012 - Deadline for applicants.
- December 1, 2012 - Ray & Associates will contact State Board members individually to discuss finalist recommendations. All activities previously scheduled to begin on October 2, 2012, will begin on December 1, 2012.
- December 4, 2012 - Finalist names will be made public.
- The activities scheduled for October 9, 2012, shall begin on December 9, 2012.
- December 11, 2012 - Finalists will be interviewed by the State Board in a public meeting in Tampa.
- December 12, 2012 - State Board will vote to choose the next commissioner.
For more information, visit the State Board of Education.