|Text Index||Custom Search|
September 15, 2006
Florida Department of Education to Hold Math Standards Conference in Tallahassee
The Department of Education will hold a conference in Tallahassee next Monday and Tuesday to discuss the revision of Florida's Sunshine State Standards for mathematics. During the conference, a number of national experts will provide input and guidance regarding the process for revising Florida's mathematics standards.
Education Commissioner John L. Winn and K-12 Deputy Chancellor for Student Achievement Mary Jane Tappen will attend the event.
The experts presenting will be:
- Dr. Alan Ginsburg, Director of the Policy and Program Studies Service within the U.S. Department of Education, Office of the Under Secretary
- Dr. Barbara Reys, Professor of Mathematics Education and Director of the Center for the Study of Mathematics Curriculum and the Show-Me Project at the University of Missouri-Columbia
- Dr. Jane Schielack, Associate Dean at Texas A&M University
- Kaye Forgione, Senior Associate for the Mathematics Benchmarking Initiative for Achieve.org
- Dr. R. James Milgram, Professor, Department of Mathematics at Stanford University
The conference will be held:
Monday, September 18, 2006
8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Challenger Learning Center
200 S. Duval
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.