|Text Index||Custom Search|
February 16, 2006
Jennifer Fennell or
Just Read, Florida! Celebrates Hazardous Weather Awareness Week
CORAL GABLES In recognition of Hazardous Weather Awareness Week, state and local officials tomorrow will read to students in grades Kindergarten through three at George W. Carver Elementary School in Coconut Grove.
The schedule for tomorrow’s event includes:
9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Command/Emergency Vehicle Tours
10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
11:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
State and local officials reading to students will be:
- Max Mayfield, Director, National Hurricane Center
- Scott Rader, Chief of Staff, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Ben Nelson, State Meteorologist
- Carlos Castillo, Emergency Management Director, Miami-Dade Emergency Management
- Matthew Green, Hurricane Liaison, FEMA
- Rusty Pfost, Meteorologist in Charge, National Weather Service-Miami
- Robert Molleda, Warning Coordination Meteorologist, National Weather Service-Miami
- Erik Christiansen and Bob Ebaugh, Meteorologists, National Weather Service-Miami
- Amy Aiken, Assistant Director, Miami-Dade Emergency Management
- Parris Adolphus, Youth Preparedness Specialist, American Red Cross
- David Bernard, Meteorologist, WFOR TV
- Don Noe, Chief Meteorologist, WPLG TV
The event will take place from:
9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
George W. Carver Elementary School
238 Grand Avenue