|Text Index||Custom Search|
February 15, 2006
Jennifer Fennell or
Just Read, Florida! Celebrates Hazardous Weather Awareness Week
FT. PIERCE In recognition of Hazardous Weather Awareness Week, state and local officials tomorrow will read to students in grades K through five at Frances K. Sweet Elementary School in Ft. Pierce.
The schedule for tomorrow's event includes:
9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Command/Emergency Vehicle Tours
9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
11:00 - 11:15 a.m.
Region 7 Essay Contest winner will be recognized (Leonicka Valcius, Atlantic Community High School, Palm Beach County)
11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
State and local officials reading to students will be:
- Thaddeus Cohen, Secretary, Florida Department of Community Affairs
- Joe Smith, Commissioner, St. Lucie County
- Judi Miller and Carol Hilson, St. Lucie County School Board
- Michael J. Lannon, Superintendent, St. Lucie County Schools
- Dr. Christine Taylor, Area Assistant Superintendent, St. Lucie County Schools
- Ben Nelson, State Meteorologist
- Linda Hays, Dean (Retired), Indian River Community College
- Lois Gordy, Provost (Retired), Indian River Community College
- Sgt. Willis and Lt. Dietrich, St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office
- Jose Cestero, Florida Department of Community Affairs
- Betty Bradwell, Barbara Owens and Mary Colemen, American Red Cross
- Trooper Bassett, Florida Highway Patrol
- Melissa Hood, Intergovernmental Affairs, FEMA
- Don Daniels, Emergency Management Office
- Janice Karst, Communications, St. Lucie County Schools
- Mike Lyons and Felicia Rodriguez, Channel 25 Weather
- Gary Bushby, Guidance Counselor, Frances K. Sweet Elementary School
- Deputy Sal, School Resource Officer, Frances K. Sweet Elementary School
- Karol Carvelli, Teresa Tierney and Robin Zabitosky, Resource Teachers, Frances K. Sweet Elementary School
- Melissa King, Reading Coach, Frances K. Sweet Elementary School
The event will take place from:
9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Frances K. Sweet Elementary
1400 Avenue Q