|Text Index||Custom Search|
October 3, 2005
Director of Communications
Chancellor Search Committee's October 4 meeting canceled
TALLAHASSEE The October 4 meeting of the Chancellor Search Committee of the Florida Board of Governors has been canceled.
The next meeting of the search committee will be a conference call at 3 p.m. EDT October 20. The dial-in number is (850) 410-0961.
Please do not use a cell phone land lines only. Please place your phone on mute.
The Chancellor Search Committee's assignment is to recommend a candidate to replace former Chancellor Debra Austin, who is now provost and vice president of academic affairs at Florida A&M University.
The committee members are:
- Peter S. Rummell of Jacksonville, chairman.
- John Dasburg of Miami. Dasburg is vice chair of the Board of Governors.
- Sheila M. McDevitt of Tampa.
- Ava L. Parker of Jacksonville.
- Dr. Martha Peláez of Miami. Dr. Peláez, a professor at Florida International University, is the faculty representative on the Board of Governors.
- Carolyn K. Roberts of Ocala, who is chair of the Florida Board of Governors.
- Dr. Zachariah P. Zachariah of Fort Lauderdale.
The committee chair has requested that all media inquiries go through Bill Edmonds of the board staff at (850) 245-0466 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
The Florida Board of Governors is the constitutional body created by voters in 2002 to oversee Florida's public universities.