|Text Index||Custom Search|
September 12, 2005
Director of Communications
Chancellor Search Committee will meet Wednesday, September 14
TALLAHASSEE The Chancellor Search Committee of the Florida Board of Governors will meet at 2 p.m. EDT Wednesday, September 14, via telephone conference call. This will be the committee’s third meeting.
The dial-in number is (850) 410-0966.
Please do not use a cell phone land lines only. Please place your phone on mute.
The Chancellor Search Committee will recommend a candidate to replace Debra Austin, who is now provost and vice president of academic affairs at Florida A&M University.
The committee members are:
- Peter S. Rummell of Jacksonville, chairman.
- John Dasburg of Miami. Dasburg is vice chair of the Board of Governors.
- Sheila M. McDevitt of Tampa.
- Ava L. Parker of Jacksonville.
- Dr. Martha Peláez of Miami. Dr. Peláez, a professor at Florida International University, is the faculty representative on the Board of Governors.
- Carolyn K. Roberts of Ocala, who is chair of the Florida Board of Governors.
- Dr. Zachariah P. Zachariah of Fort Lauderdale.
The committee chair has scheduled additional conference calls, as needed:
- September 21, 1 p.m. EDT.
- September 27, 2 p.m. EDT.
The committee chair has requested that all media inquiries go through Bill Edmonds of the board staff at (850) 245-0466 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Florida Board of Governors is the constitutional body created by voters in 2002 to oversee Florida's public universities.