|Text Index||Custom Search|
September 1, 2005
Director of Communications
Chancellor Search Committee will meet Tuesday, September 6
TALLAHASSEE – The Chancellor Search Committee of the Florida Board of Governors will meet at 2 p.m. EDT Tuesday, September 6, via telephone conference call. This will be the committee’s second meeting.
The dial-in number is (850) 410-0966.
Please do not use a cell phone – land lines only. Please place your phone on mute.
The Chancellor Search Committee will not meet today, as originally planned, as Committee Chairman Peter Rummell wants to give members additional time to research potential candidates.
The Chancellor Search Committee will recommend a candidate to replace Debra Austin, who accepted an offer to be the new provost and vice president of academic affairs at Florida A&M University.
The committee members are:
- Peter S. Rummell of Jacksonville, chairman.
- John Dasburg of Miami. Dasburg is vice chair of the Board of Governors.
- Sheila M. McDevitt of Tampa.
- Ava L. Parker of Jacksonville.
- Dr. Martha Peláez of Miami. Dr. Peláez, a professor at Florida International University, is the faculty representative on the Board of Governors.
- Carolyn K. Roberts of Ocala, who is chair of the Florida Board of Governors.
- Dr. Zachariah P. Zachariah of Fort Lauderdale.
The committee chair has scheduled additional conference calls, as needed:
- September 14, 2 p.m. EDT.
- September 21, 1 p.m. EDT.
- September 27, 2 p.m. EDT.
The committee chair has requested that all media inquiries go through Bill Edmonds of the board staff at (850) 245-0466 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Florida Board of Governors is the constitutional body created by voters in 2002 to oversee Florida’s public universities.