|Text Index||Custom Search|
325 West Gaines Street, Room 1524
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
About UsLiteracy League is a new podcast project designed to make reading interactive and fun for Florida’s elementary and middle school students. The club is a way to support and encourage a love of reading by giving students an opportunity to connect with their favorite authors.
Four books for each age group will be selected throughout the year by the Florida Department of Education and students participating in the club will be asked to submit questions about the book to the Department either by email or video submission. The questions will be answered by the author of the chosen book for a Literacy League video, housed on the Department's YouTube channel "Student" playlist. Note: video file available upon request.
Upcoming Book Selections
- The 100th Day Surprise! by Susan VanEngen, questions due from students by Sept. 15, 2012
Middle school students:
- Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark by Ridley Pearson, questions due from students by April 27, 2012
- Molly's Stallion by Jim Shaw, questions due from students by Oct. 31, 2012
How to submit a question
Upon completion of the book, please submit your questions in the following formats:
- Email questions to
- Submit a recorded video question (WMV, Quick Time or MPEG files will be accepted), and either e-mail to the above address or mail a CD version to the Department of Education’s Communications Office at 325 W. Gaines Street, Suite 1524, Tallahassee FL, 32399-0400
- Mail your written questions to the above address
Videos Available Now
Download the latest Literacy League video! This new book club is designed to make reading interactive and fun for Florida’s elementary and middle school students.
- View the M.C. Finotti podcast
- View the Patrick Smith podcast
- View the Adrian Fogelin podcast
- View the Edward Bloor podcast
- View the Laurel Snyder podcast
- View the Julianna Baggott podcast
Please e-mail if you have any questions.