Just for Teachers
Just for Teachers
|Text Index||Custom Search|
Designed with Teachers in Mind!
Florida Department of Education
325 West Gaines Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
Educator Certification: 800-445-6739
Also, the School House Rocks! Blue Man Group Education Matinees are available on select dates in Spring and Fall. Limited space is available - reserve your seats today! Call 407-224-3313 or .
Common Core State StandardsThe Common Core State Standards (CCSS):
- Focus on providing students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in college, other postsecondary training and a careers.
- Actively engage students in learning, requiring them to demonstrate their mastery of content and focus on critical thinking, problem solving and real world application of skills.
- Cover fewer topics at each grade level in order to focus on a greater depth of learning.
- Provide grade-level goals that offer coherent progression from grade to grade.
- Establish a foundation to work collaboratively across content disciplines, schools, districts and states to share resources, expertise, curricular tools and professional development.
ELA toolkits for Grades K-8
These Resource Toolkits provide teachers with a comprehensive storehouse of information to support teaching and learning, specific to the Florida English/Language Arts Formative Assessment System and Common Core State Standards.
Did You Know?
- Starting in 2014, there will be a new GED test
- The goal of a new initiative, Florida's Core to College (PDF, 146KB), is to increase higher education faculty knowledge of the CCSS and the common assessment
- Starting in July 2013, three Teacher Certification exams will have a new look; PK-3, Math 6-12, and Math 5-9
Florida's Online Teacher CommunityA one-stop communication venue where you can join subject and grade level forums and groups, host live chats, catch up on DOE social media, and find loads of free classroom resources - all for FREE! In addition, all of the resources listed on the Apps page are available to all educators at Novachi.com.
Student Astronaut Challenge
2013 Winning Teams
- 1st Place - Chiles High School
- 2nd Place - Vanguard High School
- 3rd Place - Pompano Beach High School
Viva Florida 1513-2013Five hundred years ago Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de León landed on our peninsula's eastern shore and christened it "La Florida." This historic event led to an exchange between old and new worlds, centuries of conflicts and colonizing, and, ultimately, our American cultural melting pot. To help commemorate Florida's 500th anniversary, the Florida Humanities Council is sponsoring numerous programs, events, and resources. Check them out today!
Florida Teacher CommunityFlorida Teacher Community is a one-stop communication venue where you can join subject and grade level forums and groups, host live chats, catch up on DOE social media, and find loads of free classroom resources - all for FREE! In addition, all of the resources listed on the Apps page are available to all educators
- New! June (PDF, 73KB)
As teacher liaison, my goal is to provide direct communication between educators and the Florida Department of Education. The Just for Teachers website contains information on education legislation, student incentives and statewide programs. Through surveys, regional discussion panels and state-wide roundtable discussions, teachers will have opportunities to give feedback on educational policy. The site also makes numerous resources available to help with the day-to-day challenges of teaching. The Just for Teachers newsletter, sent via e-mail and posted on the site, provides up-to-date news on the latest state-level initiatives and programs.