Governor Rick Scott has activated the Florida Disaster Fund to support individuals who are impacted by Hurricane Michael. The Florida Disaster Fund helps provide financial support to Florida’s communities in times of disaster. To make a contribution, please visit www.FloridaDisasterFund.org or text DISASTER to 20222 to make a one-time donation of $10.
The Florida Department of Education worked closely with school districts before, during and after Hurricane Michael to ensure they had the resources necessary to resume normal operations as quickly as possible. At this time, classes have resumed for all students in impacted areas. We will continue collaborating with district leadership to address questions as they arise moving forward.
- Office of Early Learning Suspension of Administrative Rules (PDF)
- Best and Brightest Scholarships Extension (PDF)
- Revisions to Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) Student Reporting (PDF)
- Guidance to School Districts Affected by Hurricane Michael – Student Services (PDF)
- Governor Rick Scott activates Florida National Guard - Message to State College Presidents (PDF)
For up-to-date shelter information, please visit the Florida State Emergency Response Team site at https://www.floridadisaster.org/planprepare/shelters/.
Division of Blind Services (DBS) and Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
The Division of Blind Services (DBS) and Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) offices listed below are closed until further notice. In the meantime, DBS clients are being directed to the Pensacola office (600 University Office Boulevard), and VR staff has provided clients in impacted areas alternative contact information to receive services.
- Bay (DVR & DBS): 2505 West 15th Street, Panama City
- Gadsden (DVR): 305 West Crawford Street, Quincy