Haiti Relief Efforts
As we watch coverage of the devastating situation in Haiti, many of us are looking for ways to assist. Due to Florida’s proximity to the earthquake region, our school districts will be able to lend a hand by providing a smooth school enrollment process to displaced families that may relocate to your county. The Department of Education has been meeting with Florida’s Emergency Operations Center team that includes the Department of Children and Families and Department of Health, and is prepared to work with this team to answer questions that may come up regarding enrolling and educating these students.
We hope you find the following documents and resources helpful.
- DOE Announces Comment Period on AYP Calculation Waiver for Select Haitian Students - Aug. 16, 2010 (PDF, 50KB)
- School Enrollment for Displaced Haitians – Jan. 20, 2010 (Word, 110KB)
- Assistance to Displaced Students From Haiti – Jan. 26, 2010 (PDF, 28KB)
- AYP Waiver Request – January 29, 2010 (PDF, 30KB)
- FCAT Waiver – February 15, 2010 (PDF, 36KB)
- TITLE X, PART C - Education of Homeless Children and Youth Program – 2010 Haitian Earthquake Disaster Relief Project: Request For Applications - February 19, 2010 (PDF)